Find the answer to your Linux question:
Where do you go to learn the commands for Gentoo. Being a Win user for a long time now i have had Mepis running in a duel boot system for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Commands Help

Where do you go to learn the commands for Gentoo. Being a Win user for a long time now i have had Mepis running in a duel boot system for over 2 years tryin gto learn. Have a Gentoo server that my cousin built for me and now we just redid it. The new server is up and running i downloaded the livecd and built the kernel, have emerged kde and had an error in it and wouldnt finish downloading. need some help finishing it out.
    Also have Apache, apache2,php,phpwebsite,mysql,gallery,webmin,cupps, Samba emerged. cant get the apache to see php. or the other way around. any how need a lil help. would like a lil online help for someone. Cousin is gone for quite a few days. would like to get it up and running and save on phone bill. I've read the gentoo handbook and allot of it is greek to me. Just an old man trying to get along in the world. Any help would be greatly assepted.
    Wyldeman

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/
    http://gentoo-wiki.com/Official_Gentoo_Documentation
    http://gentoo-wiki.com/

As for php and apache, edit /etc/conf.d/apache2 and in the "APACHE2_OPTS" section, make sure you have a section that says "-D PHP5".

In my Apache opts this is what i have
    APACHE2_OPTS="-D USERDIR -D PHP5"

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldeman
    In my Apache opts this is what i have
    APACHE2_OPTS="-D USERDIR -D PHP5"
    If those options are there, then apache and php should work fine. Whats the exact problem you are having with apache and php then? By the way I edited my first post because it had an error.

Well after we installed Apache we installed PHP then phpwebsite.
    well the problem is when i go to my site i dont get the php sign in like i had before. i had also installed gallery.
    This is new to me my cousin had done this all before and i havent a clue . just thought someone might direct me .
    well thats all i know to say right now.
    Wyldeman