Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
According to Juan Pablo, Gentoo uses /dev/input/mice as the mice device. Make sure that is listed as your mouse device in your xorg.conf (which it is not). Also, make sure ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

According to Juan Pablo, Gentoo uses /dev/input/mice as the mice device. Make sure that is listed as your mouse device in your xorg.conf (which it is not). Also, make sure your mouse protocol is set up properly according to whatever mouse it is you decide to use.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Just Joined!
    i changed it to mice instead of mouse0 however i dont know what to change the "ExplorerPS/2" protocol to

Use xorgconfig to set up the mouse type you want, there are some options there
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Just Joined!
    i should probably make a backup of the current xorg.conf then

Does gentoo use evdev? Some distros use it as the interface for interface devices such as mice, joypads, joysticks etc. If that was missing you might not be able to use your mouse.

Gentoo can use evdev if you tell it to. If not, then it won't use it. The default mouse is /dev/input/mice, but it can be /dev/input/mouse* or if you use evdev, /dev/event/*. If you use /dev/input/mice though, that should cover all the bases, whether it uses evdev or not.

I always used the IMPS/2 protocol for my mice. You can do a search at the gentoo wiki for "mouse", and it will bring up a plethora of information and how-to's.

Linux User #376741
    Code is Poetry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2