Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recentelly recived a rather old laptop of a friend, and was asked to put gentoo on it as a favour for him. But now that i have it i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Im got problem with the instalation and need help

I recentelly recived a rather old laptop of a friend, and was asked to put gentoo on it as a favour for him. But now that i have it i realise that there is no way of connecting it to the internet as it dosent have wireless or a ethernet port. Is there anyway that I can complete the instalation without emerging gentoo off the internet? Or is there a way i can connect this laptop to the internet?

Thanks but its not that i dont know how to do the net-setup. i cant do it because i dont have a way of accessing the internet on the laptop in question.

Yes, you can install Gentoo without Internet access. Download the LiveCD installation disc. I don't remember the exact term, but there is an option to use the net or for a non-networked pc. Of course, there won't be as many packages to choose, but the basics are there. I think Gnome can be installed, but not KDE, etc.

Thanks alot ill try that