Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have had a friend install gentoo for me and he had to go out of town before he could get it all set up so here i am with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation need dsl setup directions for a noob

i have had a friend install gentoo for me and he had to go out of town before he could get it all set up so here i am with no internet it worked fine out of the box when working from the live cd and during the install but after everything was done compileing and kde was installed i have no internet and when i try to conect to my router via 192.168.1.1 i get zip and zero but an error screen. oh i almost forgot i have a westell router model 6100 with verizon dsl service

so are you saying the live cd works fine, but the install doesn't?

Does the computer just get the ip from the modem? In that case run
    Code:
    dhcpd eth0
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Just Joined!

thank you

for some reason when i shut down and went to bed and got up it seemed to be fine the next time i logged on i dont know what happened i thought that you didnt have to restart linux like you in win___s i just got a friend to install gentoo for me 3 days ago and still have no idea how to perform my daily tasks. like encoding and burning dvds from avi files or for that matter how to look at the files in my storage drive from konquorer all i see there is like my files and desktop from gentoos drive but thank you for replying even though the problem went away magicly