Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys, I just installed some shiny new beta drivers from NVidia, and I want to enable SLi. From what I hear, I have to add a "tag" to xorg.conf ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Adding a "tag" to xorg.conf?

Hi guys,
    I just installed some shiny new beta drivers from NVidia, and I want to enable SLi. From what I hear, I have to add a "tag" to xorg.conf to make it work. This tag is supposedly "--sli=". How would I do this? I know how to open it in KWrite as root, blah blah blah. I just don't know what exactly to type in the file.

Also, if I'm going about this the complete wrong way, please tell me.

Mike

I wasn't aware you had to do anything special to get SLI to work. The drivers have claimed SLI support for several versions now. Where are you getting your instructions? Also, I wasn't aware Nvidia had any "beta" drivers for Linux. Can you give me a link to those as well? I generally download my drivers from their main site, here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    I say they are beta because when the NVidia splash comes up on startup, there is now a red beta sign in the lower left quadrant.

I got it from the site you linked to.

If SLi is working, how can i confirm that its working? I would like to be able to see some evidence that both cards are working.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by InertKinesis
    I say they are beta because when the NVidia splash comes up on startup, there is now a red beta sign in the lower left quadrant.
    That's...odd. I haven't installed their drivers in about a month. Perhaps it's a new thing.

If SLi is working, how can i confirm that its working? I would like to be able to see some evidence that both cards are working.
    That's a good question, and I really don't know what to tell you. You might be able to find something out using glxgears and glxinfo.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants