Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am using the gentoo-suspend2-2.6.19-r1 sources. My sound card module is snd_via82xx. When i start out the audio part of lspci looks like this ... 00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

via sound card invalid after suspend2 resume

I am using the gentoo-suspend2-2.6.19-r1 sources. My sound card module is snd_via82xx.

When i start out the audio part of lspci looks like this

00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 60)

00:11.6 Communication controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. AC'97 Modem Controller (rev 80)

I have RestartService alsasound in my hibernate.conf file ( in common.conf really) so the modules get unloaded before suspend happens and reloaded when it resumes. However, whenever I resume lspci output shows this for the same lines above

00:11.5 Class ffff: Illegal Vendor ID Unknown device ffff (rev ff)
    00:11.6 Class ffff: Illegal Vendor ID Unknown device ffff (rev ff)

and sound doesn't work at all. Does anyone have any recommandations?

I've tried this with the alsa modules (all of them) completely unloaded for resume and not restarted and the same thing happens. This makes me think that the pci subsystem is not recognizing the audio hardware when the machine is resumed as opposed to the modules being weird, but I clearly just don't know. Thanks for any help.

There is a lot of problems with sound drivers after resuming from suspend, and I have had some problems with my intel hda sound after resume.

Best I can tell you is search the gentoo forums, and try some of the things they suggest.

I will most certainly post back if I find a solution though.

Linux User #376741
    Code is Poetry