Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi there Over last night, I wanted my Gentoo system to emerge "Gnome" with all its dependencies. This morning I noticed that emerging didn't successfully end because of some problems ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Troubles emerging startup-notification-0.8

Hi there

Over last night, I wanted my Gentoo system to emerge "Gnome" with all its dependencies. This morning I noticed that emerging didn't successfully end because of some problems in relation to the package "startup-notification-0.8".

Output of emerge is as following:

checking for X... no
    configure: error: X11 development libraries/headers not found

!!! Please attach the following file when filing a report to bugs.gentoo.org:
    !!! /var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/startup-notification-0.8/work/startup-notification-0.8/config.log

!!! ERROR: x11-libs/startup-notification-0.8 failed.
    Call stack:
    ebuild.sh, line 1614: Called dyn_compile
    ebuild.sh, line 971: Called qa_call 'src_compile'
    environment, line 1253: Called src_compile
    ebuild.sh, line 642: Called econf
    ebuild.sh, line 577: Called die

!!! econf failed
    !!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
    !!! A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/startup-notification-0.8/temp/build.log'.
    Can anyone of you please help me with this problem? I seriously looked around on the internet trying to find any solution but I didn't come to any advancement

Thanxx for any replies!

Greetings
    deufel

Just Joined!

Thumbs up

Hey Guys

Just wanted to let you know that the above mentioned problem is solved. The failure in emerging startup-notification has been caused by the missing relation to xorg-x11. After emerging xorg-x11, it worked just fine.

Have a nice week.

deufel