Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
/etc/make.profile should be linked to your architecture, mine goes to /usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/sparc/sparc64/2006.1 Not exactly sure what this is in intel, I've only used gentoo on sparc. I would ask in forums.gentoo.org, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

/etc/make.profile should be linked to your architecture, mine goes to /usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/sparc/sparc64/2006.1

Not exactly sure what this is in intel, I've only used gentoo on sparc. I would ask in forums.gentoo.org, I go there a lot for my sparc questions.

I got this error message

bash: /etc/make.profile: No such file or directory

Now what how do I make this directory.

It's actually a link to some architecture configuration.

Code:
    ln -s architecture_path /etc/make.profile
    If I remember correctly, in the architecture specific installation instructions it says what the link should be to.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I typed that command and got this

l
    n: creating symbolic link `/etc/make.profile': File exists
    Now what do I do?

You typed the command wrong. You put a space after l. ln is together.

Likwid I copied and pasted what you typed and got the same answer. Is there a way I can install portage again so that the terminal works because I don't want to reinstall the whole operating system I did a good job this time.

Hey Likwid taking a second look at the terminal I believe I know what the problem

genkernel --menuconfig kernel
    I typed this because I was trying to configure the sound and the menu came up I thinik the problem is I'm not able to acess things such as updates and installers from the internet.

Just Joined!
    I found your question browsing for hardare raid installs. While I'm not an expert I should be able to assist you with this as I've been using Gentoo for that last year.

It looks like you didn't set up your portage repository correctly. This is the best link to use for Gentoo installs, and I have found it to be better than any wiki:

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/

This page will allow you to choose your CPU architecture so it can give you appropriate instructions. Also allows you to view the manual in one page or in sections. Might be handy to have it up on another PC for constant reference, which I still do to make sure I don't miss anything since it is a very long tasklist.

I suggest you look over section B1, and see if there's anything here that you might not have done in the last install. It's quite possible that you will be able to run the commands in that section without having to re-do anything. This is assuming, of course, that you are using a Live! cd in some form. You may have to run off the CD again and chroot if emerge isn't working in your install, and "patch" your system in that mode.

There is a chance that your system was not completely installed, and as such you may have no choice but to start over. If you need specific examples of what your system should look like, ask me what you system shows and I'll give you what mine has, as I've got both x86 and AMD64 systems with Gentoo (non-raid, but I only use the command line which shouldn't be an issue here).

**edited**
    This is assuming, of course, that you haven't already asked this on forums.gentoo.org, which likwid is right in saying that it would be your best option.

I do see this I probably do have to reinstall it I have another problem that I can't log in as a root. Anyway continuing I have gotten better with installation and when the boot comes out I pick gentoo-notf it seems to work better I think the biggest thing was installing the stage.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3