Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have a Gentoo File/Mail/Fwall server It was built by a guy who was copying my files and reading my emails (he didnt UNtick mark read files) so I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned

Help with Gentoo Server, remote File access

Hi,
    I have a Gentoo File/Mail/Fwall server
    It was built by a guy who was copying my files and reading my emails (he didnt UNtick mark read files) so I noticed this and did some digging, he doesnt touch my system anymore as I putty'ied in and changed the root and cut off the tunnel to his network.
    I am not a linux guru (wish I was)
    Everything is working its just that I need to setup an SSH tunnel for my book keeper to access and save my Accounts files to on a daily basis so it doesnt conflict with what im doing,

I am prepared to pay someone to do this for me.

Pls pm me with ur email or what have you as Im off to work now for a bit,

I have putty so I could always follow any commands if anyone has a tut, I have my Root pw also

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeelp me PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I don't understand. If one guy was able to ssh in, why can't your book-keeper? Can't you just give him the password he needs?

I dont want to have to spend 3 days reading and learning to do it myself...
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode

Because it was either turned off or removed
    Then turn it on.

The support from this forum is awesome -- talk to anyone who has been here for a while.

The problem is,
    1/ You hardly gave any details in your original post, and it was difficult to understand what was going on.
    2/ You came here with the attitude that we should do it for you, and that you shouldn't have to learn anything. We're all volunteers, doing this on our own time. Why should we go out of our way to help someone with an attitude? Would you?
    3/ You expect help immediately. Sometimes you might have to wait a week or more for help. Be patient. We're not paid to do this.

If you're willing to *fully* explain you problem, and drop the attitude, maybe you'll get some help.

Good luck solving your problem.
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close