Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi everyone, i'm testing out a few distros and have had a good experience thus far with sabayon (based on gentoo). not sure if i should post here or in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

access existing raid 1 array

hi everyone,

i'm testing out a few distros and have had a good experience thus far with sabayon (based on gentoo). not sure if i should post here or in the other distro forum - sorry if i should do.

anyway, in sabayon i can see the 2 drives that are hardware configured with a highpoint rocketraid 133 controller but cannot access them - furthermore how do i get sabayon to consider both drives as one (as windows does).

thanks for your help.

Just Joined!
    Hey there,

I did a little bit of searching and I think I know what your problem is. I think the linux distribution that you are using doesn't have the drivers for your raid device. The manufacture list only 4 distros that have the drivers built in. Also the configuration wizard you mentioned is also available for linux. Everything I mentioned here is available on the manufactures website at this url : HighPoint-Support-Bios + Driver . Also I'm not totally sure if the raid device you are using is a true hardware raid, it looks to me that it relies heavily on the drivers it uses and that's why your having problems, I don't know this raid device so I may be wrong. Hope this helps you a bit.