Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: nvidia-kernel

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

ok well i recompiled without 4k stacks like that fix said, emreged new masked nvidia modules and everythign works i even have tv-out working. But i was wonderinng, right now i have a clone set up with my tv is there any way to get my configuration to be more like a video overlay, so i can watch a movie on one screen and still be able to use the other screen for stuff. Thanks

South- or "Mid-" Sweden
    leni07 I had this problem too with 2.6.7 (and the -bk10, the -bk5 died before X inited) witht the -5336, I updated to -6106 (or what ever the num) and the problem disappeared - I use the 4K stacks in 2.6.7.
    Regards Scienitca (registered user #335819 - )
    A master is nothing more than a student who knows something of which he can teach to other students.

you must select legacy /proc/pci until kernel help says its obsolete, without it nvidia module don't load
    I've resolved this problem in this mode

4. $spacer_open
    Just Joined!
    Sussex, UK
    Yes, I've just upgraded my kernel and hit the same problem too. Thanks to some poking around and some guesswork, and probably blind luck I'm back in a working X.

What I did was add the following to /etc/portage/package.keywords:

media-video/nvidia-kernel       ~x86
    media-video/nvidia-glx          ~x86
    x11-base/opengl-update          ~x86
    Then I emerged my nvidia stuff:

emerge -uav media-video/nvidia-kernel media-video/nvidia-glx
    All seems well. You could potentially use
    I guess, but I've recently read that this is not the proper way to do it now.