Which results in this output
Messages for package x11-base/xorg-server-1.5.3-r5:
* Forcing on xorg-x11 for new enough glxtokens.h...
* Users of reduced blanking now need:
* Option "ReducedBlanking"
* In the relevant Monitor section(s).
* Make sure your reduced blanking modelines are safe!
* You must rebuild all drivers if upgrading from xorg-server 1.4.1
* or earlier, because the ABI changed. If you cannot start X because
* of module version mismatch errors, this is your problem.
* You can generate a list of all installed packages in the x11-drivers
* category using this command:
* emerge portage-utils; qlist -I -C x11-drivers/
So emerge nvidia-drivers xf86-input-keyboard xf86-input-mouse should do the trick here.
>>> Installing app-portage/portage-utils-0.1.29
>>> Recording app-portage/portage-utils in "world" favorites file...
>>> Auto-cleaning packages...
>>> No outdated packages were found on your system.
* GNU info directory index is up-to-date.