Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hey guys? How are you all doing? I am just posting to ask if anybody has any news concerning Adobe and its plans with the Linux platform. Many thanks Stay ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Any news about Adobe and Linux?!?

Hey guys? How are you all doing? I am just posting to ask if anybody has any news concerning Adobe and its plans with the Linux platform.

Many thanks
    Stay cool and have a nice day!

They will continue releasing Flash, and they have announced that they will release the new AIR framework for Linux as well. As far as Adobe Creative Suite applications, there are no plans to port them to Linux at this moment.

Oh, so they are focusing on development apps rather than the full Monty? What I am saying is, are the focusing more on programmers than the complete spectrum of web design?

Thanks
    Last edited by ToxicWaste; 10-11-2007 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Forgot to write something

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    You can still run these programs in Wine - the open source implementation of running Windows API on top of X. Once you have Wine installed, cd to the directory with the program executable and type wine filename.exe.

For example, I use Flash:

wine Flash.exe

Quote Originally Posted by usamamuneeb View Post

For example, I use Flash:

wine Flash.exe
    What version of Flash do you use? I need Flash CS3 for AS3 support. Can CS3 Run smoothly on Linux?
    Last edited by ToxicWaste; 10-13-2007 at 04:53 PM. Reason: My fonts were to large and I didn't like them like that...

I checked out Wine and I went to the Wine Application Database and saw with great pleasure that Photoshop CS2, Dreamweaver 8 and Flash 8 are supported under the new Wine 0.9.47 that was released yesterday! I must give them a try!
    If Wine gets better, then we won't need Adobe to support Linux!!! Linux will support it on its own!

Linux User
    I wasn't aware of ActionScript 3 and that really surprised me. I used the 2004 version (7) and that was Macromedia by then and not Adobe.

YES, you CAN use them under wine. I don't know if one can run the installer as well, but if you have FontForge installed, it should be no problem.

My computer which is more than a decade old now took less than 10 minutes to build FontForge from source.

Font Forge? What is that, is it a font creation app?

Linux User
    A postscript font editor to create postscript, TrueType, opentype, cid-keyed and bitmap (bdf) fonts, or edit existing ones.

Linux Newbie
    Is there a version of wine that lets you run PhotoShop CS3 Extended?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast