Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi folks, I have been googling a while searching for Gimp template and tutorial to design business card without result, only Photoshop tutorial found. Can any folk point me to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Template and tutorial for designing business card

Hi folks,

I have been googling a while searching for Gimp template and tutorial to design business card without result, only Photoshop tutorial found. Can any folk point me to the right direction. TIA

B.R.
    satimis

I have seen and read a tutorial for creating a business card using Inkscape, it was in a Linux Format magazine quite a while back. If you subscribe to the magazine there are archives of the mag articles available online.

EDIT: I wasn't kidding when I said "a while back" it was in Linux Format magazine LXF 56 August 2004.
    Last edited by ryptyde; 05-18-2008 at 08:54 PM. Reason: add LXF magazine date

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ryptyde View Post
    I have seen and read a tutorial for creating a business card using Inkscape, it was in a Linux Format magazine quite a while back. If you subscribe to the magazine there are archives of the mag articles available online.

EDIT: I wasn't kidding when I said "a while back" it was in Linux Format magazine LXF 56 August 2004.
    Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

I found the issue of magazine;
    Issue 82 (August 2006)
    Linux]Linux Format :: The website of the UK's best-selling Linux magazine Format :: The website of the UK's best-selling Linux magazine

But I can't find the article on Internet.

However I found a simple solution on OOoWriter. What I need is only importing graphics on the card. To editing graphics I'll do it on GIMP or on OOoDraw for vector arts

B.R.
    satimis