Find the answer to your Linux question:
The subject says it pretty well: how can one convert a multi-page PDF to a multi-page TIFF that consists of a single file? My goal is to bring the resulting ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to convert multi-page PDF into multi-page TIFF (single file)?

The subject says it pretty well: how can one convert a multi-page PDF to a multi-page TIFF that consists of a single file? My goal is to bring the resulting TIFF, on my USB flash drive, to a color copier/printer in my building that's not yet on the network and that will print from external media only JPGs and TIFFs.

I tried GIMP, but it seemed only to turn my first page into a TIFF.

I also saw Ghostscript suggested in this forum, but the command offered would apparently turn my 700-page PDF into 700 individual TIFFs, which is not what I have in mind. The man pages for gs are too dense and arcane for me to get useful direction out of.

So... if you would choose GIMP or Ghostscript, can you give me some instruction, please? If you would choose some other method, what is it?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Acroread can print to a postscript file, which you should be able to convert to a single tiff with ghostscript.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!