Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hi I want to do something musical! And I want to do it in linux! I dont really know what it is I want to do.... I'd like to make ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Linux Music Project

Hi

I want to do something musical! And I want to do it in linux! I dont really know what it is I want to do....

I'd like to make some music, maybe play arround with a synthesizer....

So has anyone got any advice on where/how to start musical stuff in linux???

I can program to an ok-ish level in c/c++, so any sort of synth or music thing that uses those would be good!

Also, I was thinking it would be cool to set up a sort of open source, distributed music band kinda thing, where people contribute samples, lyrics whatever, and then someone can remix it all up, make it sound cool! Anyone interested??

Linux Engineer
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

OMS
    Just Joined!
    you could also try agnula, but in my opinion dyebolic is the best ...

Re: Linux Music Project

Quote Originally Posted by dark_lord_kodd
    Also, I was thinking it would be cool to set up a sort of open source, distributed music band kinda thing, where people contribute samples, lyrics whatever, and then someone can remix it all up, make it sound cool! Anyone interested??
    That would be cool. And I would love to help/participate as much as my time allows.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Linux Newbie
    Well i am going to try and kustomise a few instruments over the next few weeks, so hopefully a few samples could be available!

When i get my site up things like this will b so much easier!

I think it would be reall cool to be able to create music with people all over the world....

Id love some kind of music system that interacted with the user, so HOW you listened effects HOW it sounds....

Im just doing an evolutionary algorithms for music compositition too, so maybe that could link in! Anyone else got any ideas or dreams???

Re: Linux Music Project

Quote Originally Posted by sarumont
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_lord_kodd
    That would be cool. And I would love to help/participate as much as my time allows.
    makes me whish I possesed that kinda skills/gift... btw, just a wild thought, say it's started and released under GPL, would that force anyone singing/playing along to GPL is brain/stembands?
    Regards Scienitca (registered user #335819 - http://counter.li.org )
    --
    A master is nothing more than a student who knows something of which he can teach to other students.

OMS
    Just Joined!
    If you're talking of lyrics then we're obviously not going to be creating jazz (my choice) or drum and bass, etc.

I've recently stepped into the world of linux music and I already know that i want to create gypsy jazz. I'm not great yet (if anyone's interested I've got a thrity second snippet of the sort of thing i want to try), I'm willing to give loop music a go: drum and bass; hip-hop; NOT dance because I find it unlistenable.

If anyone wants samples I'm quite a versatile guitarist and have a tenor sax (note I didn't say I could play it).

Although metal and jazz is my passion I've got some other ideas for projects. I'd like to hear hip-hop with jazz samples and wierd time-signatures (a la meshuggah). I don't know whether it'd work, anyway let me know your ideas.

This is a cool idea and needs input to get off the ground.

Linux Newbie
    cool

Electronix jazzy stuff sounds good!

I just got a soldering iron and so all i need now is my first keyboard victim to destroy!!!!!!! hahahahhahaa!

Linux Newbie

Msuic Composer

Hey! Any1 no of sum gud music composition software for Linux. Nothing complicated, just good enough 4 writting GCSE (british evam for age16 students) Music. Thanks

Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast