Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, So, I'm new to linux, I've always wanted to learn it but I finally have something I want to use it for, so it's time to learn. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Seemingly simple project (Need help!)

Hi All,
    So, I'm new to linux, I've always wanted to learn it but I finally have something I want to use it for, so it's time to learn.

I know programming on a very basic level, but I think I'll be able to pick this up reasonably quick. I just need to be set in the right heading for this idea.

What would be the recommended program/route to take if I wanted to do the following.

I bought a Ras Pi + camera module.
    -I want to take the video in.
    --overlay an image (superimpose)
    ---and view it on a monitor.

I saw there are programs like Kino and various others that I could use as a video editing software, however I'm looking more on the lines of having an instant display from the camera.

Imagine if I had, let's say a picture of cross heirs, or a watermark or something, that I wanted to put over my video (live). That would be pretty simple right?

Anyway
    I appreciate any help I can get!!!
    Thanks!
    Tim

Linux Newbie
    In seems you need to develop some kind of a "generic camera driver" and embed it into your app

Just Joined!
    Well its looking excellent, i like it because I am enthusiastic about this type of things, thanks for discussing this... please discuss more things that if you have.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksonjack View Post
    Well its looking excellent, i like it because I am enthusiastic about this type of things, thanks for discussing this... please discuss more things that if you have.
    .......Wut?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksonjack View Post
    Looks like a failed spam attempt.