Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Which Linux would be the best for editing videos with 50p 1080 resolution?? The common meanning In video-editing forums is that „you can forget it with Linux“,, or „it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Video Editing (50p)with linux

Hi
    Which Linux would be the best for editing videos with 50p 1080 resolution??
    The common meanning In video-editing forums is that „you can forget it with Linux“,, or „it costs a lot of nervs“ and „only a few „stubborn hardliners“ get it work. Is it true?
    Yesterday I downloaded Kdnlive, Im already spoiled from Sonyvegas so the surprise was not very pleasent...
    I can live without all those comforts of Vegas/windows but the video (50p) was played very very slow („played“ wouldnt be the right word for it). Also, only one Processor workd although I sett it to 3 (the maxsimum what possible with Kdnline).
    I tried it on Ubutnu 12.04, maybe its not the optimal Linux for it.
    Is there a recomended Linux for video editing?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Any current linux can do this - it is the editing application that counts, such as kdenlive, cinelerra, etc. along with the video hardware you are running. There are Linux distributions that are tuned/optimized for video applications such as this. One that is highly thought of is Ubuntu Studio, at least last year (2012): https://www.linux.com/learn/tutorial...utions-for-you
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

You might give Ubuntu Studio a look, comes with lots of FOSS Multimedia and Graphics editing programs preloaded.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close