Find the answer to your Linux question:
Anyone know how to get yafray going with blender in Debian? All I get is a black screen (and I'm positive there enough light (maxed out lamp over the object)). ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Yafray, Blender & Debian

Anyone know how to get yafray going with blender in Debian? All I get is a black screen (and I'm positive there enough light (maxed out lamp over the object)). I've done an apt-get for yafray 0.0.7-2 & blender 2.34. I want to get yafray working inside blender (although I'd be happily stuck if I could only use the CLI).

The yafray forums went down, and elsewhere I haven't found anything to get it going, however, I've found suspects:
    1)Do I need YaBlex || Yable to get yafray working?
    2)Do I need to specify where yafray is from the pull down menu above the top drop down menus (File, Render, etc, etc)?

I haven't tried to use Yable || YaBlex, but I've tried specifying yafray in #2 and it seemingly changed nothing.

I've looked around the: yafray site, blender site, blender knowledge base, yafray wiki & elysium forums.

Anyone got this working?

I got it going, if anyone else was/is/will have this problem, this is what I did:

It was YaBlex. I downloaded it and placed it in a newly made directory /home/username/yafray/ and specified it as seen in this screen:

here