Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
When I look at my glib install there is no glib/glib.h - just glib.h. It would seem that line 20 of config.h is wrong. *At least as per Debian install...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

When I look at my glib install there is no glib/glib.h - just glib.h. It would seem that line 20 of config.h is wrong. *At least as per Debian install

Linux Engineer
    Also glibconfig is at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include instead of /usr/lib/glib-2.0/include so if your install is similar it would need src/config.mk changed (GINC).

Linux Newbie
    Thanks..done and done any idea what I do with ./dryad...do I need to create a folder and where?

Code:
    user2@toshiba:~/cribbage-0.3/src$ make && ./dryad
    cc -c -Wall -ggdb -I. -I.. -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include  -DVERSION=\"0.3\" -DGLIB main.c
    cc -c -Wall -ggdb -I. -I.. -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include  -DVERSION=\"0.3\" -DGLIB sdlutil.c
    cc -c -Wall -ggdb -I. -I.. -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include  -DVERSION=\"0.3\" -DGLIB stack.c
    cc -c -Wall -ggdb -I. -I.. -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include  -DVERSION=\"0.3\" -DGLIB score.c
    cc -c -Wall -ggdb -I. -I.. -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include  -DVERSION=\"0.3\" -DGLIB cribbage.c
    cribbage.c: In function ‘score_tally’:
    cribbage.c:946:6: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘logmsg’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
          logmsg("MUGGINS! You called %i points but real score is %i!",
          ^
    In file included from cribbage.c:7:0:
    sdlutil.h:17:6: note: expected ‘guchar *’ but argument is of type ‘char *’
     void logmsg(guchar * fmt, ...);
          ^
    cribbage.c:948:6: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘logmsg’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
          logmsg("I score %i %s.", m, m == 1 ? "point" : "points");
          ^
    sdlutil.h:17:6: note: expected ‘guchar *’ but argument is of type ‘char *’
     void logmsg(guchar * fmt, ...);
          ^
    cribbage.c: In function ‘showem’:
    cribbage.c:1012:6: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘le_set_buf’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
          le_set_buf("");
          ^
    sdlutil.h:58:6: note: expected ‘guchar *’ but argument is of type ‘char *’
     void le_set_buf(guchar *init);
          ^
    Building cribbage...
    cc -o cribbage main.o sdlutil.o stack.o score.o cribbage.o -ggdb -L/usr/lib -lc -lSDL -lSDL_image  -lglib-2.0
    bash: ./dryad: No such file or directory

Linux Engineer
    No - it appears to have made an executable called cribbage, which makes sense. Try typing ./cribbage.

Linux User
    OK. Sorry. Yeah the code needs work. Proper ./configure, that kind of stuff. And the code is pretty bad. Kludged together until it worked for me, derived from a previous project.

I suppose the point is that gnome-games or kde-games or something should have a cribbage game. Why does Linux not have cribbage with nice GUI? It should be standard. It's the official game of the Royal Navy, submariners, and guys who are stuck in hospital. The network code shouldn't be that hard. It seems a gross oversight.

As a slightly amusing sidenote, if you compile it on Mingw under WinXp, and then copy it to a Vista box, it causes instant reboot when double clicked. I have no idea why. I found this out when I tried to show my dad. He's still alive, thank God. He likes cribbage too.

Linux Newbie
    Thanks..yes make && ./cribbage gives me a playable game and appears to have created a exe in the src folder that can be double clicked and thus a launcher can be created. the launcher in xfce panel rquires a command and working directory. I also have vxkbd so I can click enter rather than reach the keyboard.

@gregm thanks so much for you assistance

@Miven thanks so much for the game, good work.

This is something I have looked for since I started using linux and have played the text game with the virtual keyboard reluctantly prefering to use an old laptop with win98 that had a good game until I found one for the phone.

Is there a means of adjusting the settings? ie card backs it looks like others are available?

regardless nice to finally see a gui crib for linux. Thanks again for posting.

Linux Newbie
    this what comes up when you google cribbage for linux, would be nice to see a link there or mention of your work.

Cribbage for Linux | Cribbage Corner

seems the keyboard is only really needed for the count. a yellow square surrounds the hand to count and one wants to click it, perhaps it is possible.

enter also deals the hand rather than dealing each card but that is a bit fun like the real game. so could be played I think without the keyboard if the counts were clickable.

Is it possible to change the card back in the make file? I would like the blue one that looks like the old bicycle cards

I understand you are no longer interested in messing with it but I am very glad you posted it. perhaps it will interest someone with skill I do not have and be tweaked a bit.

Again THANKS.
    Last edited by ohmy; 07-29-2014 at 02:48 AM.
    gregm likes this.

Linux Newbie
    one easy way to change the card back is to open the deck image in gimp and select the card back you want, then copy paste it on top the one being used. I made a back up copy in the event I want to use the original or if the experiment did not work of course. but it did work fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2