Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

how to colorize with gimp - ?

hello dear experts

i want to colorize the arrow with other color - how to do this with gimp
    note - i only want to color the black color...

white should stay white -

how to do that?

love to hear from you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Akoya P 6512 15" OpenSuse 13.2: AMD Athlon X2 P320
    HP Notebook hp 14 r 103ng - running OpenSuse Leap 42.1
    Samsunng q 210, 12,1" OpenSuse 13.1: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Proz. P8400 2,26 GHz 1066 MHz FSB 3 MB

Linux User
    I haven't been able to view any attached images on this site for awhile now, so I can't see yours.

But my answer would be the same unless the images is particularly bizarre, or particularly simplistic.

To colorize one element in an image, what I do is select the part I want to change with the lasso tool. You can grab is in pieces if it's easier and combine them by picking the "add to selection" option in the tool if you want. And if you make a mistake and include something you don't want, just switch to "delete from selection" and clean it up.

Once you have the arrow (or whatever you want next time) then I'd use the "colors -> curves" tool to adjust the color. You can get any color you want by adjusting the red, blue and green curves.
    Last edited by cnamejj; 03-23-2015 at 07:55 AM. Reason: grammar fix, ugh...

hello dear cnamejj

many many thanks... for the quick reply.

great to hear from you.

i was workin to day very hard to solve anothe issue.

how to change the background to transparent?

see the attached image - i want to change form plain white to transparent...

is this possible?

love to hear from you

greetings

ps -see the attached file
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Akoya P 6512 15" OpenSuse 13.2: AMD Athlon X2 P320
    HP Notebook hp 14 r 103ng - running OpenSuse Leap 42.1
    Samsunng q 210, 12,1" OpenSuse 13.1: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Proz. P8400 2,26 GHz 1066 MHz FSB 3 MB

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    Keep in mind that I can't see any images you attach for some reason, so this is general guidance.

The key facts to keep in mind when trying to make some part of an image "transparent" are:

1. JPEG's don't support transparency, so you have to save as another format. I recommend using PNG instead, since it's cleaner than GIF's.

2. In GIMP after you open a JPEG use "Layer -> Transparency -> Add Alpha Channel" to make it possible to save the transparency info you add to the image.

3. To make something transparent, just select and delete it.

4. Save as PNG or XCF format to preserve the transparency info.

-->
    Colorizing high contrast photographs takes much time and it is work expending undertaking. In any case, it is exceptionally fascinating. I was rehearsing this for three or four months