I want to use a list of simple images to create a kind of animated slide show.

I am looking for a Linux image viewer, that is able to do the following:
When in "fullscreen continuous mode / continuous slide show", as in, show all images in a certain folder, or only show images that got named as parameter to the image viewer, but with a twist:

When the desktop setting is in landscape, e.g. 1920x1080, and one image is in portrait, say 600x800, then show the image zoomed in (as in, the width of the image should be zoomed in so that the 600px width get zoomed to fill the 1920 px of the current resolution), and start displaying the image top part, then like tracking shot, move the viewpoint downwards.

Lets presume the image content looks like so:

When displaying, the image, it should first only be displayed like so:

and after a predefined time only showing the "upper" part, the tracking shot should move "downwards", at a time displaying this

and after a while this

and at the end display this

and then display the lower "ending" part of the image again for a predefined time, and then switch to the next image.

However, if an image is itself in landscape like so
ZZZZZZZZZZ
DDDDDDDDD
NNNNNNNNN

then do no such tracking shot, just zoom in the image if it is smaller than the resolution, or zoom out if it is larger.

Does such image display software exist as free software for Linux GUI?
( best for desktops like XFCE or Cinnamon, without libraries needed for KDE or Gnome 3. )

The perfect solution would be if the software can be given some further instructions to fine tune the tracking shot, e.g. start at the bottom to move up instead of start at the top and move down, (so that each tracking shot can be told to start where it would fit the image best, either start at the top, or start at the bottom) and also to define the initial and ending time to keep the static display prior the tracking shot, or prior displaying the next image.

But if the later is not possible and the software can "only" display all images starting from top, move to bottom or display all starting from bottom, move to top, that would be fine as well.

I tried searching the forum for a possible existing answer, but that failed, all I got was this error
Code:
Warning: require_once(DB.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/linuxfor/public_html/search/index.php on line 4

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'DB.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php53/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php53/usr/share/php') in /home/linuxfor/public_html/search/index.php on line 4