Find the answer to your Linux question:
not sure if this is the right place for this post but.... when i want to change the look of an icon, i right click it, click on properties and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Icons

not sure if this is the right place for this post but.... when i want to change the look of an icon, i right click it, click on properties and then select custom icon. My question is -some icons dont have this option in properties, is there any way to do it?

Is this in Gnome or KDE? Where are these icons you wish to change? On the toolbar? The desktop? in the menu?
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan
    Is this in Gnome or KDE? Where are these icons you wish to change? On the toolbar? The desktop? in the menu?
    its gnome(fedora core 3) on the desktop.Trash for example-if i click properties there is no option for custom icon. i have down loaded nice icons(the stock gnome icons are rather ugly) and i have changed most of them but some (like the trash) i cant

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I don't use Gnome, but seem to remember you have to configure that as part of a change in themes somewhere. Look around in your Gnome Control panel and see if there is something there...
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Linux Newbie
    you right click on the icon you wish to change, go to properties, and search for something along the lines of choose an icon. hope this helps.
    Linux is for those who want to know why their computer works.

Registered Linux Machine #293111
    Registered Linux User #371115