Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok, it's not really a problem with inkscape, but: I had to make a poster. I used inkscape to make it, tossed a few things together, added a nice one-color ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Inkscape trouble

Ok, it's not really a problem with inkscape, but:

I had to make a poster. I used inkscape to make it, tossed a few things together, added a nice one-color backround... But I don't know how to get the thing to look OK in windows. I saved it as 'normal .svg' instead of 'inkscape .svg' but it looks strange when someone looks at it with say adobe's svg viewer. How could I export this as something else, I'd like to have it as a .pdf. I tried importing the .svg into scribus but some of the objects are not centered like they should be, also the colors (more the blending, really) look a bit strange.

Any ideas?

Oh, and also: how do I find and install new fonts? I'd like to be able to use them in inkscape, scribus, possibly gimp...
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

Just Joined!
    what do you want the poster for? is it for printing? or for viewing in a monitor? If you want to print I would say to export it to some more standarized format like EPS. You can then open it with Adobe Ilustrator or Corel Draw and print or you can export it from there into a jpg of png file, depending on your needs.

Thanks, yes, this is for printing (i think it's supposed to be 300 dpi). How do I export it as .eps? Sorry if this is obvious, but I'm not at my computer right now, I'll play around with it when I get home.
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close