Find the answer to your Linux question:
How can i instal photoshop cs in the redhat platform. I am using redhat.9 as my platform. Any tips on using other multimedia tools in redhat will be very useful. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to install photoshop cs in redhat 9 platform?

How can i instal photoshop cs in the redhat platform. I am using redhat.9 as my platform. Any tips on using other multimedia tools in redhat will be very useful.

Thanks in advance...

Just Joined!
    I don't think thats possible. I tried to install it with wine but it didn't work.
    But I have heard that PS 7 works with wine.

You can install it using codeweavers' crossover office. However you gotta pay about $40 for this. I'm running several windows-only soft on my Mandrake box using crossover office and I must say it works pretty nicely. Don't have no experience with photoshop though but they support it on their website ==> http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxoffice/

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Linux Engineer
    Adobe photoshop CS is known NOT to work with crossover office or wine. I have not tested it in cadega but thats more for games so it will be very unlikly to work in that either.

You might get it running under wine but you will have to do a lot of customisation, if you manage to make it work you should write down the steps you took so that others can follow what you did.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by variant
    Adobe photoshop CS is known NOT to work with crossover office or wine. I have not tested it in cadega but thats more for games so it will be very unlikly to work in that either.

You might get it running under wine but you will have to do a lot of customisation, if you manage to make it work you should write down the steps you took so that others can follow what you did.
    Believe me, I tried it with SUSE 10.1, Red Hat 8, FreeBSD 6.0 and Mandriva.... unstable of both Cedega WineX and Wine. Cedega WineX is used for games while Wine is used for general windows apps. My suggestion is to wait until new version released or you can try to use APS 7.0/7.0.1 instead CS.

C64