Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Just wanting to see if there is anyone on the board interested in doing a little graphic design for me. I have a website ( www.deeksworld.com ) and am looking ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Any Artists Interested?

Just wanting to see if there is anyone on the board interested in doing a little graphic design for me. I have a website (www.deeksworld.com) and am looking to upgrade the main images on the site and I also wanted to print up some T-shirts for my members...

I really don't want to pay anything for the work, but I figured that someone that has this as a hobby (much like I have a hobby in linux and therefore run a server and stuff at home) could be interested in playing around with some ideas and toss some my way. At the very least, I'll send you a T-shirt with your work on it and you can add the designs to your portfolio...

Anyways, I hate soliciting like this, but it is not like I am spamming anything and just wanted to drop a line. If you may be interested, know someone who might or know of a good place/site to find someone that would enjoy this sort of thing, just let me know.

Thanks!
    Join the Open Source Revolution. Support GNU/Linux.

Find me at: www.deeksworld.com
    Registered GNU/Linux User #395777

Just Joined!

Exclamation it doesn't look so bad

Hey, your's doesn't look so bad, you've got some "glassy" text and that is cool...
    There is a GIMP thread, I don't have access to the bookmark on this computer, but I'll get and come back tomorrow....it is a step by step tutorial about how to take plain jane stuff, just 8 or so steps, using gimp, and having a nice glassy button or thing...
    I'll be back tomorrow with it.....
    problem with me and gimp is that i never have figured out how to get the original "layer" to save, then put something on top of it, and something on top of that...there's a popup that says can't do that because the layer isn't simplified and then when I simplify it, i can't do anything to it....

If anyone has a quick answer I could sure use it!

Gotta read the manual....and I'm going to start with that tutorial...

back tomorrow(jan 17, 2005)

ain't xandros great!
    woodsmoke

Just Joined!
    Hey there

I am an artist. Not a professional or anything mind you but I might be able to do something. I have not done alot of art for other people but what I hae done they were pleased with the results. if anything it could give me something to do... So if you want just send me your ideas and all.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Silent Artist....
    are you there...?
    holler back.....maybe we could do something...

ain't xandros great!
    woodsmoke

Sorry for not checking back on this...

SilentArtist, if you are still interested, I would love to exchange a few notes and see if we might hook up on some artwork. Let me know.

Just Joined!
    Hi
    Sorry I have been kinda busy lately. Yes I am still interested.

Just Joined!

artwork

Hi,
    If deek has something that interests you more, even after you read this, then go with it, 'cause ya gotta go with your muse....

But, a question...
    a) for my fansite: Xandros Fun....I have tweaked games, Hispanic translation for the site and Xandros related wallpaper.....most of it rather...avant garde...by a couple of artists, one of whome is not going to do anymore...
    I'm no artist, and that isn't the point of the site...I'm not trying to blow my own horn but that of Xandros....

If you could see your way clear to make a more "normal" Xandros wallpaper...

Very simple....just kind of a light "Debian" blue, glassy.. background and the Words:
    Xandros
    or
    Xandros
    on it....omit the .......they are a place holder to keep the 4.0 over under the "os" part of Xandros...

Anyway the name in a kind of "three d"...beveled kind of "floating" in space toward the center and covering about, I don't know about one third of the width of the screen....that would be up to you...the word and number in darker glassy transparenty...whatevery....

KDE or Debian....kind of blues....

Not with the Xandros "X" on it....this is all on my part...not sanctioned by the corporation or anything...

and I couldn't pay anything, it would just be free and the site says that anything posted there is part of GNU...freely redistributable..etc. etc.

Of course your name should be on it. date, whatever...so you could put it into a "portfolio" which you might not need..but if you do then...

anyhow....the folks that use Xandros don't tend to be "tweakers" and all that "into linux stuff"....course we do have quite a few of them...they keep the LUGS and stuff going...but Xandros people just tend to use the distro and since they don't have much trouble with it...aren't around much....mostly to "add" a "better version" etc. etc. so there are not a lot of "active artists" that tend to drop by the forums....

My little site is just to help folks "new" to it, that were maybe "burnt" downloading stuff in a microsloth os to do something and not get burnt...

So...if it piques your interest then I would appreciate the help, but you might be up to your eyeballs in other stuff so if you can't then that's ok too!

hey, thanks for the reply!
    ain't xandros great!
    woodsmoke

silentartist...I just sent you a PM. I know how busy can get in the way, so no pressure!

Just Joined!
    Hi yea oops got really sidetracked by another intrest of mine. Sorry i havent responded in a while.

Just Joined!
    I am going to try to do both projects and if anoyne else needs anything and would like me to try I can do that too. I am not too busy right now really. I have just had my attention on something else. I will post a sample of what I come up with if that is ok?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast