Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anyone know an open source eqivilent (or superior) of PhotoShop for Linux? Also, if you do, please link to the official site, and voice your opinion of weather it's ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Blender for 3d max, ??? for Photoshop?

Does anyone know an open source eqivilent (or superior) of PhotoShop for Linux?
    Also, if you do, please link to the official site, and voice your opinion of weather it's better or worse than Photoshop, and in what ways. Please reply urgently, because I'm trying to download all the software I'm gonna have on linux before I wipe my PC tonight, and re-install XP, as well as add SuSe to it.

Some people swear by The GIMP. I've played with it but it doesn't behave the way I want it to, personally (read: like Photoshop). As far as I can tell, they're feature-compatible though. There's a MS Windows version, so you might give it a shot to see if it does what you want.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Cool, Thanks!

LFT
    Just Joined!

GIMP vs. Photoshop

GIMP is not perfect, but it's a great program. It's different than Photoshop. For vector graphics, try Inkscape and the new version of Xara Extreme (the Linux version is free open source software).

The GIMP
    Inkscape
    krita