Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am new to linux and i am useing fedora core 5 and i want to use linux for maya 8 i have installed it but wen i go into ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question maya 8 on fedora core 5

I am new to linux and i am useing fedora core 5 and i want to use linux for maya 8 i have installed it but wen i go into shell to open it and i get an error here it is
    Code:
    (/usr/aw/maya8.0/bin/maya.bin: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/aw/maya8.0/lib/libDynSlice.so: 
    cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied)
    can any one help me plz reply

::Moderator Edit:: I have separated this thread from another unrelated thread. Please start your own threads, regardless of how similar you may think your problem is. Also, read the rules regarding the use of overly large text sizes.
    Last edited by techieMoe; 09-14-2006 at 12:40 PM.

I'm not a maya user, but it looks like the version you're running isn't compatible with the gcc/glibc release of FC5. Autodesk should have a list of supported Linux distros on their web page. They might have released a few versions for the different distros.

DT

Well i checked out the autodesk website and they it should be compatible with my linux distro http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...112&id=7639522 but i not sure wots happend i have reinstalled linux 2 times now and maya about 6 and i still get the same message but there was another rpm in the cd they had suse and redhat that i had to install or else it would not even find the program wen i went to open it so i installed the redhat becuse fc5 is based on redhat

http://www.alias.com/glb/eng/support...sp?family=Maya

Seems to have a clue. They updated that dso for Linux only. I'd contact support.

DT

Quote Originally Posted by luap
    Well i checked out the autodesk website and they it should be compatible with my linux distro http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...112&id=7639522 but i not sure wots happend i have reinstalled linux 2 times now and maya about 6 and i still get the same message but there was another rpm in the cd they had suse and redhat that i had to install or else it would not even find the program wen i went to open it so i installed the redhat becuse fc5 is based on redhat
    Fedora Core is Red Hat's open source project for evaluating new packages before implementing them into the Enterprise distribution RHEL. This is similar to how Novell has OpenSUSE project with bleeding edge software to work out the bugs before implementing the stable software into SLED.

Anyway, if you set environment variable MAYA_DEBUG_ENABLE_CRASH_REPORTING before running Maya, if Maya does crash you will get a stack trace (at least most times). If not and its reproducible, then running under gdb will generally give you the stack trace. Run in a terminal maya -d gdb which can be used to either identify the problem or include in your bug report to Autodesk.