Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I've been put in charge of our companies website. And I need some help touching up an image for use on this new site. The image has been in use ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

GIMP Help?

I've been put in charge of our companies website. And I need some help touching up an image for use on this new site. The image has been in use at our company for awhile now, on letterhead and anything else you can imagine. I am having a hard time touching it up and was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions.

Now that I preview this it looks okay on a white background, but if you go to www.phoenixbehavioralhealth.com you'll see why it's giving me issues. I may just have to shoot for a different color scheme on the website.

Also if anyone has some suggestions on how to get my page to display correctly in Firefox (meaning no broken borders near the bottom of the screen), that would also be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by Construct
    Also if anyone has some suggestions on how to get my page to display correctly in Firefox (meaning no broken borders near the bottom of the screen), that would also be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Nathan
    My best advice for this is to run your page through the W3C standards validator, here:

http://validator.w3.org/

If you can run it through there and get no warnings, that means your code is standard and it should display the same on any standards-compliant browser. I ran the link you gave me through it and it came up with several suggestions. The most prominent ones were your <div class> tags, which aren't standard HTML/CSS apparently.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Seriously? Wow. How then do all these webpages use divs instead of tables?

Seriously? Wow. How then do all these webpages use divs instead of tables?
    Your problem isn't with using <div> tags. If you read the message you get from the W3C validator page, the issue is with the parameters you're using inside your <div> tags. According to the W3C standards, the class parameter is not valid.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    I guess I just don't understand how I can specify the behavior of multiple divs without using the class attribute.

I guess I just don't understand how I can specify the behavior of multiple divs without using the class attribute.
    Here is a list from the W3C site of the valid parameters that can go in a DIV tag:

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/global.html#h-7.5.4
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    I changed the doc type to html version 4.0 and have eliminated some of the errors. Thanks for the link I'll be sure to look into that.

Just Joined!
    From your link.
    class = cdata-list [CS]
    This attribute assigns a class name or set of class names to an element. Any number of elements may be assigned the same class name or names. Multiple class names must be separated by white space characters.
    <!-- Example of data from the client database: -->
    <!-- Name: Stephane Boyera, Tel: (212) 555-1212, Email: sb@foo.org -->

<DIV id="client-boyera" class="client"> << edited
    <P><SPAN class="client-title">Client information:</SPAN>
    <TABLE class="client-data">
    <TR><TH>Last name:<TD>Boyera</TR>
    <TR><TH>First name:<TD>Stephane</TR>
    <TR><TH>Tel:<TD>(212) 555-1212</TR>
    <TR><TH>Email:<TD>sb@foo.org</TR>
    </TABLE>
    </DIV>
    Now I'm getting two different stories. One telling me no DIVs do not have a class attribute and one saying yes they do.

Could someone please explain to me what's going on because I'm just more confused now than ever. :\

Just Joined!
    Solved the problem by changing the document type to html 4.01 strict

Thank you very much for the link I found everything I needed and now my page is fully compliant Looks pretty good in both IE and Firefox! Thanks man I owe yah one

Oh yeah but talk about a thread going off topic

I would still appreciate anyones help with my image issues!

Give me a moment I'll try to add some nice gradients and thingies for your web and post here
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast