Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This photo-editing software from Light Crafts is available as a free download for Linux users. I'm currently running Fedora Core 6 and just recently d'loaded to check it out. It ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

LightZone for Linux

This photo-editing software from Light Crafts is available as a free download for
    Linux users. I'm currently running Fedora Core 6 and just recently d'loaded to check it out.

It appears to handle most cameras raw files but do know for sure that Canon is supported.
    Here's a thumbnail to click on to a larger image if you want to see what the canvas looks like
    while running on my Gnome desktop. Also a link to the download.

LightZone

Just Joined!

A terrific app

This is $250 software if you want it for Windows. It's quite different from many of the raw converters I've used but it does a fine job.

I did have to turned of my 3d desktop (KDE) in pclos though but it ran perfectly after I did.

arkiedan

Just Joined!
    The link appears to be not functioning. I'd love to get Lightzone for linux.

Looks like they may no longer be offering LightZone for Linux.

Just Joined!
    Yes, I believe the developers said something like "You get what you pay for...". I guess no one paid, eh?

Just Joined!
    Oh, well, I would have to update my hardware to run on my box here, an Athlon xp 2200, since the new version requires SSE2 support. The Athlon runs linux well, but lacks the needed feature.

Just Joined!

Here's a working link to LightZone for Linux

This link will work:

Light Crafts > LightZone 2.0 > Download

Also, if you have an older processor download version 2.0. It'll work fine with your system. Many of the "oldtimers" there prefer many of the functions of 2.0 over 2.4.

Can't hurt to try it.

arkiedan

Just Joined!
    Thanks. I'll try it on Ubuntu and Debian.

Just Joined!
    Tried it, but since I don't currently need raw support, I don't feel the need for this program. It has some nice features, simple editing, but not for the $$. Maybe when I upgrade my processor to SSE2 support and can try a newer version.
    Last edited by kmoffat; 05-29-2007 at 11:07 PM. Reason: sp.

Just Joined!

LightZone Is Still Available.

LightZone is still available for Linux. The LightZone forum and mailing list has the official information. They are making changes to the website. The correct URL, if you have not found it yet, is:

Light Crafts > LightZone 2.0 > Download

(www-old.lightcrafts.com/linux)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast