Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi i run Fedora Core 3 and i was wondering if there is a way to get Paint shop Pro V. 7 or any program like that to work on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Quesetion

hi i run Fedora Core 3 and i was wondering if there is a way to get Paint shop Pro V. 7 or any program like that to work on linux. Im quite new to Linux an dont know how to use wine, whether i have it or not also is a problem. my bf installed linux on my comps when i was havin some probs an i have been using it since which is now bout a year or so. i use to do comp graphics all the time when i ran windows with PSP 7 and Animation Shop 3. I can use Adobe Photoshop but I dont like it as much.

if there isnt a way to get PSP to work on Fedora Core 3 is there another program just like that one that i could download to use? Cuz what im lookin to do I cant really do on The Gimp. [no offense to anyone who loves that program]

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    You can use WINE or its cousin Crossover. I don't think PSP is officially supported, but I know for sure some versions of Photoshop work very well.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by daark.child View Post
    You can use WINE or its cousin Crossover. I don't think PSP is officially supported, but I know for sure some versions of Photoshop work very well.
    okay im goin to sound stupid asking this, but i dont know how to use WINE. im very new to linux an have not gotten use to a lot of things yet. think you can help me try to get a program like that using WINE and or Crossover?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by LoserinDenial View Post
    okay im goin to sound stupid asking this, but i dont know how to use WINE. im very new to linux an have not gotten use to a lot of things yet. think you can help me try to get a program like that using WINE and or Crossover?
    There are lots of tutorials on the WINE site linked to by daark.child. Basically, you run your MS Windows program through the wine program as a command line parameter:

Code:
    wine Solitaire.exe
    You'd do the same for the "Setup.exe" file on your Photoshop disc.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants