Results 1 to 2 of 2
I am trying to get a Canon CanoScan FB330P scanner to work with xsane but xsane refuses to detect it. According to the sane documentation, this scanner is well supported ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 08-07-2007 #1
xsane can't detect my CanoScan FB330P scanner
1) libsane-cannon_pp.so present in /usr/lib/sane. OK
2) canon_pp listed in /etc/sane.d/dll.conf. OK (it was commented out but I have uncommented it)
3) canon_pp.conf present in /etc/sane.d. OK. The active lines are:
calibrate ~/.sane/canon_pp-calibration-pp0 parport0
init_mode AUTO parport0 (I have also tried with init_mode FB630P with no
4) /dev/lp0: I have made this world read/writeable.
5) /var/log/messages: no xsane errors as long as the hpiod daemon is running.
Can anyone suggest what I should do next?"I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
- 08-08-2007 #2
Update on this:
The scanner is detected if I invoke xsane as root. I get a severe scolding from the program but at least the user interface comes up. However I still can't scan with it. If I press either the "scan" or the "get preview" button, the scanner goes into action but then the whole program freezes up completely. So now I have two problems! How do I get my scanner recognised when I am not root and what is causing the freeze?"I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"