Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm getting ready to build a mail server at work. For this I'm going to use a SCSI RAID and I'm not sure on what to use for running Red ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

RAID/SCSI Controller for RH9

I'm getting ready to build a mail server at work. For this I'm going to use a SCSI RAID and I'm not sure on what to use for running Red Hat 9. Anyone know of any cards that have drivers ready for RH9? Should I look at Mandrake 10 instead? This will be a dual Opteron system so is it different if I want AMD64?

Just Joined!
    Wow this forum is weak...

oh i'm so sorry that nobody replied within a day... boohoo
    this forum is anything BUT weak, ChaseMe
    -lakerdonald

Linux Guru
    If you want AMD64, you should probably look at a distro that has AMD64 support, such as Fedora Core 2.

As for supported RAID cards, just check RedHat's hardware compatibility list. It's on their site.

Just Joined!
    lakerdonald - I've never had a forum take longer than 1-2hrs to comment on a ? like above for general hardware and what not. This is RAID, no clustering or something complicated.

Dolda2000 - I did, and it's a joke. They barely list anything and they show ZERO support for RH9.

Linux Guru
    Well, in that case, I'd say the most authoritative and informative source of information is probably to just download the kernel source and check under the SCSI hardware drivers to see which devices are listed.

After all, if a card is listed there, it's very improbable that it's not going to work.