Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I bought this wonder machine called Lexmark x4580 and its part of their 3500-4500 series. The problem is, that I couldn't find suitable drivers for this piece of scanning-, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Lexmark X4580

Hi,

I bought this wonder machine called Lexmark x4580 and its part of their 3500-4500 series. The problem is, that I couldn't find suitable drivers for this piece of scanning-, copying- and printing machine. If anyone knows how to get this machine working I would appreciate! Thanks already for your efforts.. btw. I'm using Feisty 7.04.

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, Lexmark is one of the worst when it comes to Linux support.

You can check OpenPrinting.org to see if they have any information regarding your machine and Linux.
    oz

Just Joined!

Hmm

Thanks,

I read from Downloads -- Lexmark United States that if you got the skills you can make such a driver for yourself. I don't have the knowledge - so obviously I came to the source of knowledge. Unfortunately the guys at OpenPrinting.org don't mention my printer. Sadly enough it's a good machine - but no reason for changing back to m$.

oz
    forum.guy
    I've heard of some users experimenting with various Lexmark drivers until they find one that works, or at least partially works, but I have no idea if that would work out in your case.

It might be time for another nasty gram to Lexmark for not being more Linux friendly. If they get enough of them, maybe their stance will change.
    oz