Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys, I have version 3.3 of knoppix (on a bootable disc) and I have noticed that I new version of knoppix is out. I have a speedstream 5200 adsl ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

getting a usb modem to work on knoppix

Hi guys,

I have version 3.3 of knoppix (on a bootable disc) and I have noticed that I new version of knoppix is out. I have a speedstream 5200 adsl modem with usb cabe and ethernet, but since I have no ethernet port I use the usb connection. Is there any way to configure the modem so it will run in knoppix?

I have tried the knoppix noapic cheatcode and it didn't work. Can anyone let me know if they know a way?

thx

the modem should junt run on it's own' however you need to comfigure rp-ppoe to make the connection to the service ... and that is done with the command
    Code:
    adsl-setup
    adsl-start

and that is if knoppix installed the support for usb....if it didnt i suggest first plugging in everything that you want to use then booting up KNOPPIX and it should auto detect it.
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by loft306
    the modem should junt run on it's own' however you need to comfigure rp-ppoe to make the connection to the service ... and that is done with the command
    Code:
    adsl-setup
    adsl-start
    in the konsole/terminal right?

yeah as root
    and i added more to the last post
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Just Joined!
    thanks, I was using adsl setup in knoppix, which would only detect ethernet modems. I will try this out. thanks

Just Joined!
    unfortunetly, the commands didn't work and were not recognized in the knoppix shell.