Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have a firewire/usb Sony DVD-RW drive. When I connect it via USB and restart the computer (with Fedora 2 on it) it recognizes the drive and I'm able ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Firewire DVD-RW

Hi,
    I have a firewire/usb Sony DVD-RW drive. When I connect it via USB and restart the computer (with Fedora 2 on it) it recognizes the drive and I'm able to usit (well, at least read stuff off of it). But When I try the same with the Firewire - practically nothing happens. I found a link online that had some vague remarks regarding /var/log/messages. I looked it up and it seemed like the system is aware of my turning the drive on and of. It recognizes the brand and the model. Here's en exerpt from the that file:
    ul 8 19:30:28 pcp08853687pcs kernel: usbcore: registered new driver usb-storage
    Jul 8 19:30:28 pcp08853687pcs kernel: USB Mass Storage support registered.
    Jul 8 19:30:29 pcp08853687pcs scsi.agent[11153]: cdrom at /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.0/usb1/1-2/1-2:1.0/host0/0:0:0:0
    Jul 8 19:30:34 pcp08853687pcs kernel: sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 94x/40x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray

I'm pretty new at this. So any (preferably detailed) advices as to how to mount this thing would be much appreciated.
    G.

Well just from that if that is all of it can tell that you probably dont have firewire support enebled in the kernel or as a module or the module is not loaded so thus the drive is not being seen when it is on the firewire connx
    And thus you will need to recompile your kernel or make modules or if FC2 has a controll center then you wil prrobably be able to install modules from there

P.s. Why if it works on one dose it need to work on the other?
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org