Background Info: My server used to be just that, so I did not have a monitor hooked up to it. I also had to disable the check for mouse and keyboard in bios so that it would boot without them.

Now: I installed KDE and tried hooking up a mouse and it didnt recognize it. So I thought bios was the problem. Except by disabling it previously, it now does not even try to recognize the keyboard or mouse on POST and I have no way to re-enter BIOS. So my next move was to reset CMOS with the jumper. The motherboard is old and I couldnt find the jumper so I just popped the CMOS battery. Upon rebooting, POST went into some self diagnostic and complained about an unauthorized alteration of BIOS configuration or something like that. Im assuming this is because the PC used to be used in a high school so certain BIOS protections were necessary. I found the old user manual for it online and located the CMOS jumper. Not sure if it would help or not I tried it. This caused the error message to change in the self diagnostic, but ultimately I still cannot boot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The screen:
Code:
(C) COPYRIGHT IBM CORPORATION 1981-2001 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
126M Extended RAM Passed
256K Cache SRAM Passed
System BIOS shadowed
Video BIOS shadowed
Fixed Disk 0: MAXTOR 6L040J2
ATAPI CD-ROM LTN486S
Mouse initialized
System Configuration Data updated
ERROR
0162: Configuration Error - Default configuration used
ERROR
0162: Configuration Error - Default configuration used

Press <F1> to Setup, <F2> to Resume
*Error Boot Sequence will be taken if no selection is made
No keyboard input does anything, and there appears to be no timeout contrary to the error message.

According to my brief search, error 0162 is a CMOS checksum error. Thats good information, but I dont know how to interpret that information.

Thanks in advance.