Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am running, AMD Athlon 64x2 Nvidia 8400 2G RAM Ubuntu64 7.10 (as main OS, I want to get the hd card working on this first, if not then Sabayon ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Pinnacle PCTV HD PCI and Mythtv

I am running,

AMD Athlon 64x2
    Nvidia 8400
    2G RAM
    Ubuntu64 7.10 (as main OS, I want to get the hd card working on this first, if not then Sabayon second.)
    Sabayon64 1.1 (As secondary OS)

I am completely new to setting up an HD tv card to my computer. I did some research but I am very confused and lost and what I should try first.

What I need to do is get the Pinnacle PCTV HD PCI card work first with maybe Xine, or what ever works the best. Then I need to get Mythtv set up.

So first things first. I need to get the Pinnacle card going and I have know idea where to start.

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. The last attempt and getting this set up was a missing channel.conf file when I tried using Xine and Mythtv had some issues with mysql databse.

So I am starting over. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Just Joined!
    I have been working on this for awhile and I am just to new to all of this to get it working in Linux. While I would rather have this on my main computer I decided to set up XP on an older computer and run it with the software that came with the card. Works great. So I no longer need help with this.