Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have a nvidia video card (not sure what one exactly) that has an outlet for a normal monitor and a video outlet for tvs. i plugged my moniter and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

setting up two monitors

i have a nvidia video card (not sure what one exactly) that has an outlet for a normal monitor and a video outlet for tvs. i plugged my moniter and my tv in and the boot screen came up on both but when it got to where i log in at it stopped showing stuff on the tv.i dont know how to do this or what program to use for it
    plz help
    oh and i have xubuntu V7.04
    Microsoft isn't evil, they just make really crappy operating systems.
    Linus Torvalds

Personal and politically centrist blog.--->
    http://www.deathnerd.com

Banned
    Your computer is fine.

your video card, is a nice one, and is fine too.

But:

You are not allowed to attach your tv to your computer.

you are allowed to attach a additional flat screen panel to that video outlet of your video card.

Further, you are allowed to install a tv-card into one of your video card slots of your computer.

You are allowed to watch tv from your monitor. Or from a added monitor (dual monitor system).

To watch tv: You can either watch tv on your monitor of your computer (without needing a additional monitor, as one, would be enough), or you can watch tv from your tv, by plugging your tv not into your computer, but into your bus bar.

A computer is a computer, and a tv is a tv.

But you can watch tv from your computer.

And you can watch tv from your tv.

But don't get both items mixed up.

In fact, you can probably get better tv, and more tv stations from your computer, if you do the settings right, and ad a tv card to your computer.

If you only like to watch videos, you need to do nothing, as just go the website of "blip.tv" and enjoy.

Thank you, for your attention.

Alexander

you can use a tv as a monitor. i know some people who would use one tv for a monitor and tv and a game system.i know its possible i just dont know how.there are guides to do it but not for xubuntu
    Microsoft isn't evil, they just make really crappy operating systems.
    Linus Torvalds

Personal and politically centrist blog.--->
    http://www.deathnerd.com