Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, As some people might know is that I enjoy Embedded Linux Alot. but till this point I had to work with the Cercuit-Boards I could find on the inet ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Basic Electronics

Hello,
    As some people might know is that I enjoy Embedded Linux Alot.
    but till this point I had to work with the Cercuit-Boards I could find on the inet to buy.
    But Id like to learn some Electronics. I have no idea how it works. So I wonder. Is there anyone who knows a good (Pocket) book about Basic electronics.
    Since I always have the problem that I cant get a Input channel for my Embedded Devices. So the input always becomes a Remote Control (Infrared using LIRC) or a Keyboard and mouse.
    But for example now a mate of mine asked me to build him a Custom-Build Game Device (like a Gameboy or PSP) I said I was really glad to look into it for him.
    But, well I kinda got the problem that I cant make a input channel. I have NO idea how to do that. If I can get a Signal into the Linux box I can write a Daemon that lisernes to the /dev/DEVICE.. But, well How can I send a Signal? (heh I aint a Electronic) So my question is.
    Does anyone know a good book about Basic Electronics? Prefer in Pocket Size. And how can I make a input stream? What do I have to send? Well I can code into ARM assembler so I can code PROM-chips so if that is needed thats no problem. But then again. I dont know how to make the board read it

Well, does anyone have anyhelp for me?

Cheers,
    Robin
    New Users, please read this..
    Google first, then ask..

I think its time for a Bump Here..

Anyone can help me on this?
    The Slightest help will help a lot
    Google first, then ask..

Bump Alot
    last bump though I really hope somebody reads it this time and can help me with it..

How do Basic input signals work?
    Any papers or books?

Thanks,
    Cheers,
    Robin
    Google first, then ask..

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinVossen View Post
    Bump Alot
    How do Basic input signals work?
    What do you mean with "Basic input signals". Reading signals from a serial or parallel port in the language Basic on a DOS box? There were some books twenty years ago or so. I still got one somewhere.

But I would suggest you start simply with anything to get in touch with it as much depends on your knowledge already and this is difficult to judge as there are people with a degree with no clues and uneducated people that are very clever and all sorts in between.

I am at least not a hardware freak and can't recommend anything.
    Bus Error: Passengers dumped. Hech gap yo'q.

Quote Originally Posted by dilbert View Post
    But I would suggest you start simply with anything to get in touch with it as much depends on your knowledge already and this is difficult to judge as there are people with a degree with no clues and uneducated people that are very clever and all sorts in between.
    Thats my problem. I dont know ANYone who has that
    I really like to know how to make a very easy keyboard or something myself..

Ah, Ill ask on some Hardware Forums.
    I aint a hardware freak. But I just need this
    Google first, then ask..

I know a couple of places/people that might have an answer for you. If I were you, though, I'd post some questions on groups, which could be found with google. Maybe someone at dutchforce knows. I haven't really seen a lot of digital OS electricians around forums, though. I don't know why. The groups tend to have those people floating around, though.