Welll this is how it goes... I have 3 hard drives and a DVD-Rom drive and CD-RW... Well because I wanted to have that 3rd hard drive I had to go through this. My Mandrake Linux 9.2 were "seeing" both my DVD and CD-Writer (dvd was on "/dev/hdc" and CD-Writer was on "/dev/hdd") perfectly. From the moment I connected all 3 hard drives and booted into Linux I ran into problems. The automatic configuration utility told me that my "/dev/hdc" had been removed (i did not do something like that) and didn't mention to me anything about my CD-Writer and removed that one too... The thing is I really don't know how to get my drives back... You cannot find neither "hdc" nor "hdd" in folder "/dev" Plus the fstab still has the links correctly to /dev/hdc and a link to /mnt/cdrom (/mnt/cdrom still exists).... What can I do? I have tried connecting my linux HD all alone (it might be because he's the only one connected to the PCI IDE port card, but no...) and again nothing.... I don't actually want to reinstall unless it's ABSOLUTELY irriversible and nothing can be done so I can get my cd/dvd drives back working.

Thanks for any help...