Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone. I'm probably going to buy the QX9650 when it comes out in a few days, if it turns out to be around $1000 and no more. I can't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned

Exclamation Which motherboard?

Hi everyone.
    I'm probably going to buy the QX9650 when it comes out in a few days, if it turns out to be around $1000 and no more.
    I can't decide what MB to put it in though...
    I am running some Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066Mhz. So I was thinking the MSI P35 Platinum?
    I won't be likely to run SLI so I don't need 680i, and I won't be running DDR3 for a long time yet so don't want to go X38.
    I'm also planning on OCing the processor to probably around 4Ghz, with the FSB up to maybe 1500 or 1600Mhz. So I need something that can happily handle that FSB without custom cooling (Antec 900 with all possible fans, and a Thermalright Ultra-120e on the proc, though), and that can assist me favorably with the processor OC.
    Suggestions?

* SPAM URLs removed by Moderator -
    please refer to the Forum Rules!
    Last edited by oz; 12-21-2007 at 04:41 PM. Reason: removed spam URLs

Just Joined!

Mobo

HI,
    But them if u r look for Value for money, then i think u should got for the Intel X38BT, because u have the processor coming with it, so u dont need to separately by the board, if u really have a good budget, then i recommend the Asus P5K3.
    All those are extreme boards.

Cheers
    Robin

Asus are the best for this stuff. I went mid-range extreme and got the Q6600 and the Asus P5N-E and it has lots of features and has not given me any trouble at all. I've clocked my CPU up to 3.4GHz but I don't have any need to overclock for extended periods. I really just do it because I can.

I'm using the Antec P-180 and it's really brilliant. It's good for noise insulation, I'm running 4 120mm fans and a Gigabyte Rocket Cooler and it's pretty damn quiet. I wouldn't go for the P900 as it is great for cooling but not so much for dust and noise. Have a look at the P190 perhaps. All the features of the P180 with more of everything (a 140mm side fan!) and can even hold two PSUs should you require that.

The P180 is very cold to the touch in my setup and my CPU is about 35 degrees celsius when running with my setup (stock 1.6/2.4GHz)