Find the answer to your Linux question:
Just installed Mandriva (first Linux experience,take it easy on me!) It recognizes my modem,UsRobotics usb5670, but no driver. None at Mfg either.Did a Google but have come up dry so ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Modem isn't supported

Just installed Mandriva (first Linux experience,take it easy on me!) It recognizes my modem,UsRobotics usb5670, but no driver. None at Mfg either.Did a Google but have come up dry so far. Any ideas where I can get a driver to work for this thing? Bear in mind it will probly take me 3 days to figure out how to install it!!!
    Thanks

oz
    forum.guy
    I think that's a winmodem and they generally don't work well with Linux, and require Windows to run properly. You might be able to find a solution at LinModems.org where their goal is to try to make winmodems work with Linux.

Hope it works out for you.
    oz

Just Joined!
    This isn't worth messing with-modems are cheep-and get one that is supported.
    Thanks

Just Joined!

Cool

Trying to find a modum has been more problematic than I thought! Even Comp USA looked at me like I had 3 heads.
    But on the bright side, I got my modum to work-Don't even ask me how 'cause I don't have a clue. Poke and prod-change settings here and there over a day or two-well, I'm clueless as to what I did that made it work.
    thanks for your sugestions but I am to new to be able to deal with all this command line crap-I can barly get to root!!!!
    Damn things are complicated. Haven't even used DOS in 15 years.
    OH,the fun this is going to be !!!

oz
    forum.guy
    Glad you got your current modem to work.

Look at LinuxCommand.org for learning the command line.

Don't hesitate to post new threads with any new questions.

Have fun with Linux!
    oz