Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've been trying out the live CD of MusixGNU+Linux 1.0R2 Stable and it seems like everything is working except my sound. I've run alsaconf and it recognizes the card and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy sound not working

I've been trying out the live CD of MusixGNU+Linux 1.0R2 Stable and it seems like everything is working except my sound. I've run alsaconf and it recognizes the card and configures it but i still have no sound. I tried setting it up through the KDE control center but i got an error message of some sort saying that i needed a different kernel to get the sound to work. I should have wrote the message down but i thought that i could get it to show up again and i can't.

I'm going to try to find out what kernel it was asking for, but i was wondering if anyone had an idea of what it might be.

Also, how do i change the kernel? will i have to burn a new cd or is there a way for me to swap kernels in the hard drive once i've installed? I'm still a newbie at all this so bear with me.

Thank you

We can't help you without checking exact error message. Have you tried running kmix in Konsole? Move all sliders up and nothing should be muted.

Also, how do i change the kernel? will i have to burn a new cd or is there a way for me to swap kernels in the hard drive once i've installed? I'm still a newbie at all this so bear with me.
    You dont have to burn new CD. Installer will add an entry in GRUB Menu after installing new kernel. You have choice to boot up new kernel at startup.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    So all i have to do is install the kernel and then reboot and choose it? I will try the kmix in konsole. if the kmix doesn't work i'll try to get the kernel error message again and download the kernel it asks me to. thank you. i would be alone if it weren't for joining this forum. most of the musix documentation is in spanish

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close