Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am still looking for a Linux Phone/PDA/MDA that has Linux on it with a Terminal and a Fully Function QWERTY-Keyboard. It also needs to have Wifi. But well I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Looking for a Linux Phone with QWERTY Keyboard

I am still looking for a Linux Phone/PDA/MDA that has Linux on it with a Terminal and a Fully Function QWERTY-Keyboard.
    It also needs to have Wifi.
    But well I seem to be unable to find one...
    I did find the OpenMoko but that doesnt have a QWERTY and I found a Nokia N810 but that isnt a Phone.
    Also I did find Zaurus but they are just unable to be get around here...

And I know about www.handhelds.org but I just CANT find what I want

So, does anyone have a Tip/Advice were to look?
    Thanks,
    Robin
    New Users, please read this..
    Google first, then ask..

Hello again RobinVossen

What exactly do you want to do?

If you want to be able to ssh from wifi hotspots you can get a window$ mobile phone and install an ssh client on it. Ok, it is not a linux phone (on the oposite actually) but you can ssh to your boxes. Maybe you can do this with other platforms, too.

Unless for a specific reason you want your device to run Llinux, this is what I suggest. Otherwise give us your reasons and I might be able to suggest something more.

Well Since I am getting sick and tierd to carry so much devices with me I just want to put everything together. And well the main reason is since I want to be able to wear my Tools with me everywere I go since I travel alot. And well I do have a VERY nice PDA now *heheh* I want to get a Newer Device. Compacter with more Functions. I want to be able to do some Coding in the Plain For example and I want to wear Kismet with me at all costs. And scapy and hping and more of those Programs. And I want to have total Control. With WindowsCE you are kinda limited to LOTS of things. I just want a Device that I can carry with me that Enables me to not wear my mp3 player with me nor my pda nor a phone.
    I want to be able to just run some pentest/forensics on the spot and do some coding. (No need to Compile just Coding.) I did already try to code on a WindowsCE device like this one: ( http://www.pdashop.nl/images/product...nid=1&shopid=2 ).
    And I want to have my own coded Applications on it ofc.
    So, well I need a Linux thing with Wifi and a qwerty.

Hope this helps you to help me

Cheers,
    Robin
    Google first, then ask..

I see! Well, you 're not asking much, do you?

If you find such a device, please let me know! Seriously!

I was going to suggest you have a look at this (if you alerady haven't come acros):

XDADeveloperWiki - Xanadux

Personaly I just got an iPhone. Ok, it is not linux, it is Darwin... So what? It is good to have the whole armoury with you, but what the hell... iPhone has a terminal I can run bash, perl, ssh and I can connect to linux servers. Has wifi and Edge connectivity... Well all this if you have the jailbreak version. Ooooops.... I shouldn't have said that!

Heh, well I know for SURE there is such a device somewere!!
    heh, I Dont want a iPhone since its Highly Exploitable and it doesnt have a QWERTY heh.. And well It might be Unix. But well I dont have a Terminal do I ^^

heh, well ill let you know if I find it.

Cheers,
    Robin
    Google first, then ask..