Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! I just installed Fedora 8 on my computer, and I have never used a Linux system before, so it would be nice if you could explain as if it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Creative live webcam VF-0050 driver

Hi!

I just installed Fedora 8 on my computer, and I have never used a Linux system before, so it would be nice if you could explain as if it where to you grandparents ^^

I have tried lots of ways to install a driver for my webcam (Creative live VF-0050), but nothing seems to work... What I've done:

I found a guide on how to install a webcam driver which said i had to install a program called V4L2-Tool. I did so, and this is what it says in the Isusb-window: Bus 002 Device 002: ID 041e:4036 Creative Technology, Ltd Webcam Live!/Live! Pro
    It also says that the best driver for the cam would be something called gspca, from the download link Index of /spca50x/Investigation/Gspca
    I tried to download this, but i didn't understand a word of it :S
    Another place it said that i could just write something in a terminal-window to install it, and it seems like that installed gspca, but still my webcam does not work in any program... (I use a program called Cheese to test it out, but it says "Unable to find a webcam, SORRY"...)

Help? =)

Just Joined!

Vf 0050

Hi, have you found a solution to your problem? We are also having trouble finding a driver for this webcam creative vf0050. I've lost the disc for the driver thinking i wouldn't need it again. I have searched and searched for a downloadable software on line to no avail - would be great if you could let me know if you have found a resulotion to your problem, thanks

Just Joined!
    Yes, i actually did, and forgot this thread...
    After I had posted, i shut of my computer and then it worked just fine the next time i started up again... I didn't realise I had to restart my PC. I Don't remember exactly how i did it, but i managed to install Gspca with a terminal. Then all you should do is restart the computer and it should work. If you need help installing Gspca, try search for it on google, and if you can't do it, i can try finding the page that said how to do it for you