Find the answer to your Linux question:
Unlike standard IDE hard drives, Serial ATA (SATA) hard drives feature faster speeds, easier configuration, and the ability to change hard drives without having to turn your system off first. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

SATA Question:

Unlike standard IDE hard drives, Serial ATA (SATA) hard drives feature faster speeds, easier configuration, and the ability to change hard drives without having to turn your system off first.
    This is a quote from the overview of a product from a company that I trust and find to be a reliable source, but this seems a little too good to be true.

Basically I'm thinking this when reading this and hoping for an answer:
    "So, you mean to tell me I can open up my computer right now, pull out my SATA drive, and throw another one in, while it's running!?"

When I find myself burried in errors, Windows Help appears to me; speaking words of wisdom, Reboot!

Cheese

Nice one, according to the masses on another forum is possible, I don't have the guts to try it (poor).

Is SATA hot swappable??? - Gamers Underground

Interesting... sounds like it is totally OK as long as you unmount / power it off first.
    When I find myself burried in errors, Windows Help appears to me; speaking words of wisdom, Reboot!