Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am going to buy a new pc, a budget pc where I can play also games on. This is what I had in mind. processor FORCOM webshop graphical card ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

budget pc

I am going to buy a new pc, a budget pc where I can play also games on. This is what I had in mind.
    processor

FORCOM webshop

graphical card

FORCOM webshop

motherboard

FORCOM webshop

ram

FORCOM webshop

hard disk

FORCOM webshop

Is this all compatible with Linux??? Do I need to use wine or cedaga??? ....
    (I am a noob in linux) And another question: I am learning ubuntu now, but how do i need to install drivers for my radeon 7000 (normally your drivers will install automatically, right?) but my desktop is not fluent but slow and playing games like quake III arena goes also really slow

Bought a few of these for work the other week and they work great with Linux - even come installed with Linux. All for £130.

ACER POWER E210 SEMP/3800+-2GHz 80GB 512MB DVD Linux - Ebuyer

Not sure about playing games with it though - you will probably need to update the graphics card.

Unfortunately if you want to play games then at the moment you're best off using Windows. If you want to use Linux too then you can go for a dual boot. I've tried a few games with Wine and Cedega but gave up and went for a dual boot myself.
    Linux User #453176

Just Joined!
    OK, thanks for the reply.
    I think I will need to have multi booting...
    What do you think it's best: Windows 98, ME, XP or vista for playing games only?