Find the answer to your Linux question:
Say I install a distro on one computer and then from that, create a LiveCD with the setup I have in the current installation. Now say I take that new ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

LiveCD Remaster not working on another computer???

Say I install a distro on one computer and then from that, create a LiveCD with the setup I have in the current installation. Now say I take that new LiveCD and install to another computer. Would the distro not work as well, or just differently, on that computer as the one I originally installed it to?
    Linux user since: June 2007
    Current distro: kubuntu-14.04
    Specs: AMD Atholon 64 X2 3.2 Ghz, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTS 250 1GB VRAM
    High five if you saw the linux computers 24 used on their CTU sets.

As long as you have the drivers available to the system it should boot fine. But if say you created a distro with a kernel built for your system with modules compiled in and no external modules available, then you'd have a problem. It's one of those things though, if you have done that you are most likely aware of it as it's not a trivial amount of work

Quote Originally Posted by bigtomrodney View Post
    As long as you have the drivers available to the system it should boot fine. But if say you created a distro with a kernel built for your system with modules compiled in and no external modules available, then you'd have a problem. It's one of those things though, if you have done that you are most likely aware of it as it's not a trivial amount of work
    I am just wondering if this is why so many of my usb ports are not working, and possibly my wireless adapter.
    Linux user since: June 2007
    Current distro: kubuntu-14.04
    Specs: AMD Atholon 64 X2 3.2 Ghz, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTS 250 1GB VRAM
    High five if you saw the linux computers 24 used on their CTU sets.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close