Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
jeez... you're right... I don't know what I was thinking. I forgot about the POST needing memory. Maybe I was thinking about a HDD, but thanks for catching that before ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Red face

jeez... you're right...
    I don't know what I was thinking. I forgot about the POST needing memory.
    Maybe I was thinking about a HDD, but thanks for catching that before it went any further
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!

blah

well, i only had psu and mb+ram and the power button of course, and it still goes off, is it not getting enuff power? and if so, what wattages should i use?, and can someone tell me which power supply to buy if its not too much trouble?

that power supply is plenty of power for your system.

are you sure you connected it to all the places on the motherboard? most newer motherboards have the main atx 20/24 pin connector and an additional p4 4/8 pin connector as well

Just Joined!

: (

Quote Originally Posted by coopstah13 View Post
    that power supply is plenty of power for your system.

are you sure you connected it to all the places on the motherboard? most newer motherboards have the main atx 20/24 pin connector and an additional p4 4/8 pin connector as well
    yes im sure, i connected the 24 psu to the adapter and then from the adapter to the 20psu slot on the motherboard and i connected the 4pin also.

i'm looking at that motherboard online, it takes a 24 pin, not a 20 pin, you shouldn't be converting the 24 pin from your power supply to a 20 pin and plugging it in...

Just Joined!

i'm looking at that motherboard online, it takes a 24 pin, not a 20 pin, you shouldn't be converting the 24 pin from your power supply to a 20 pin and plugging it in...
    ok well ty for the advice, wut should i try then?, i currently just tryed to hook up one 20pin and one 4pin to the 24pin slot on the motherboard and then the other 4 pin to the 4pin slot on the motherboard, (the psu has 2 (4pins) on it) and the computer stays on but now nothing on the monitor at all, not even a blank screen, just the orange light on the monitor is on, any help? i also tryed an external video card and still nothing... any help plz?

Just Joined!
    Is it even passing POST?

Just Joined!

Quote Originally Posted by Debian Linux Geek View Post
    Is it even passing POST?
    what do u mean by POST? do u mean, does it get to the bios or logo? no it doesn't

what brand and model is your power supply?

Just Joined!

what brand and model is your power supply?
    (480W 20+4 Pin Switching Power Supply "PSilence, Serial ATA Adapter, Support ATX 20&24 Pin" i really have no idea but thats wut it says on the box

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast